Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as it is the legally binding
agreement between you and Southern Cargo Packers & Movers.
By using this site, you agree to abide by the below said terms and conditions.
The materials are protected under copyright and other intellectual property laws and you may not republish or provide it to any third parties without the written consent of Southern Cargo Packers & Movers.
Also, downloading and copying the Materials is subject to the following constraints:
Limitation of Liability
You understand all responsibility and risk for the use of this site. Under no circumstances, shall Southern Cargo Packers & Movers or its affiliates be responsible for any direct, special, indirect, or significant damages or any damages whatsoever.
We believe the entire content to be true, comprehensive, and prevailing, to the best of our knowledge. Under no circumstances, shall Southern Cargo Packers &Movers make any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the content. It remains your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it.
However, we agree that the content of this site may include technical or typographical errors. From time to time, modifications are made to the content herein.
This Website and the data, information, names, images, pictures, logo and icons concerning, regarding or relating to Southern Cargo Packers & Movers and its affiliates are provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis, without any representation or endorsement made. We do not assure a warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to an implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of others' intellectual property rights.
Under no circumstances, shall Southern Cargo Packers & Movers or any of its affiliates, contractors, employees, directors or officers be liable for any damages, including without limitation special, indirect, or consequential damages (including,without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, or loss of information) resulting from the access or use, or inability to access or use, this Web Site or arising out of any materials, information, qualifications, opinions or recommendations on this Web Site. We may modify the contents of the website at any point of time without any intimation or permission.
Changes and Other Terms
Law & Jurisdiction
These terms are governed by applicable law in the city of Thane in the state of Maharashtra, India. All disputes arising from these terms and conditions and activities covered thereto shall be fought only in courts located in Maharashtra, India and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts to litigate any such trial.
This website is provided By Southern Cargo Packers & Movers on an "as is" and "as available" subject to change at any point of time. Southern Cargo Packers & Movers makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of this website or the information contained in it.
Southern Cargo Packers & Movers disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, title, custom, trade, system integration and freedom from computer virus. Southern Cargo Packers & Movers is a company registered under companies Act 1956 is the trade name of the company.
Our Cancellation and Refund Policy are as follows:
If at all you wish to cancel the orders you have placed at southernmoverspackers.com, you must do so within 24 hrs of order placement. However, note that cancellation is not possible if the consignment is already shipped.
In case of requesting a refund, please get in touch with our customer care at +91 9372102519 after cancellation with all required proofs.
The rates are subject to the kind of services you avail as per your necessity which may depend upon its factors such as quantity, distance and other factors. Besides, rates of the services are likely to change without prior notice.
Southern Cargo Packers & Movers always try to impress their clients on the advantage of taking risk coverage while hiring them and recommends them to pay risk coverage charges through cheque for their consignment to avoid any contingency that may happen in un-predictable conditions. We, therefore, recommend that household goods should be covered under CARRIER RISK by paying additional charges as FOV. No individual policy/receipt from the insurance company will be provided. Southern Cargo Packers & Movers will issue GCN under "Carrier Risk" as per the section 11 of Carriage by Road Act, 2007.
- The client is requested to record a proper value of the goods to be shipped in the inventory sheet. The inventory sheet will be considered as the final document in case of claim settlement. It is important to note that the value of the goods in the packing list will only be considered as final.
- In case of any claim for any reasons, the compensation will be confined to the amount equivalent to the value stated in the packing list by the consignor as mentioned previously.
- The consignor must check the declared value of every item in the packing list at the time of documentation.
- The carrier will not be liable to entertain a claim of compensation in respect of any item which is not specifically mentioned in the packing list and its value has been declared at the time of packing of the materials.
- Only after receiving the receipt of freight charges in full and receipt of a written complaint as soon as or within three days of unloading will the case of a claim for compensation for damages of the materials either for repair or reimbursement be considered.
- In case the consignor/consignee solely sign on the "Goods Receiving" copy that acknowledgement of goods without giving any remark about the status of the materials, it would be considered that the goods moved were delivered in good condition.
- Only those items that were specified as damaged in the remark section of the Proof of Delivery by the consignor/consignee will be looked upon by the carrier.
- The complaints filed subsequently or at a later stage that an item has been found damaged after the issue of OK receipt will not be considered.
- Any claim in case of Car / Bike should be intimated and lodged within 12 hours.
- In case of not opting risk coverage, no claim will be considered at a later stage.
- No claim shall be deemed if goods already mentioned damaged in the inventory sheet.
- No compensation shall be considered if customer repaired goods without intimate to the carrier.
- The carrier will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the damages or any defects noticed in any item if the consignor/consignee has arranged the unloading and unpacking of the transported material at his/her own.
- The customer has been clearly instructed by the consignor to not pack items like oil and so no claim shall be considered in case of the oil spill.
- We do not accept to move perishable goods, jewellery, arms and ammunition, hazardous material like crackers, explosives, chemicals, filled gas cylinder battery acids and inflammable oils; such as diesel, petrol, kerosene, gasoline, narcotics and counter branch items.
- All batteries must be drained of their acids by the customer and should be empty before loading.
- No compensation shall be considered in case of lift or stair walls spoiled during the delivery process.
- The Consignor hereby declares that the above particulars furnished by him or their agent are correct. No prohibited articles/goods are included and he/she is aware of Terms & Conditions of the carrier
- If the party covers his/her risk directly, through some Insurance company, and then the transit risk coverage by carrier will end and will not be liable to entertain any compensation claim.
Points to Remember
- We request you to give us one-week advance notice along with the booking amount to serve you better
- Cheque to be drawn in the name of "Southern Cargo Packers & Movers".
- For car transportation, 10-litre diesel/petrol is required in the fuel tank.
- Insurance policy is a must for household goods/vehicle/office equipment etc.
- If the number of items is more than the discussed and mentioned in the material list, extra charges will be applicable.
- We are in no way responsible for the loss of cash, jewellery, valuable and other perishable items.
- Labour union risk & society risk to be borne by the party.
- Full payment should be made at the loading point
- The company has no responsibility for any loss after work done in local shifting.
- All goods are accepted subject to our conditions which are exhibited full and available at any of our branch/offices.
- The consignor making a false declaration as to content/description/qualities of the goods carried will be held liable for any damages which carrier may sustain as results of such declaration. The carries will not be responsible if any goods are declared contraband and confiscated by the Government Authority.
- The carrier does not guarantee the time of transit, delivery of goods and has the right to deviate from the route of their description on account of any unavoidable circumstances and due to natural calamities and the consignor/consignee is liable to pay any extra charges incurred arising out of such unavoidable situations as it is done in the interest of the consignor/consignee and the goods being transported.
- The company, carrier or their agents in any manner will not be liable for any loss or damage through pilferage, an accident from collision or any other road, river hazard or default of the staff/driver/labours or the company. For this, the company insists that the client opt for comprehensive transit insurance of the goods and to declare the nearest possible net realizable value of the goods being transported. Insurance claim and the amount of insurance claim is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance company and its procedure.
- All liquid items, glassware, china made product, perishable items like fruits, vegetables etc shall be carried at "Owner's risk". The company insists the client opt for the best possible packaging standard for the same to avoid the damage arising at the time of loading and unloading of the goods at any given point of time.
- Demurrage charge of Rs 20/- per day per unit shall be charged after three days of the arrival of the goods at destination until the time of collection by the consignee or the time of delivery taken by the consignee at his place of residence or work.
- Unless otherwise declared, the value of the goods shall be Rs 2/- per kg.
- The Consignor hereby expressly declares that the particulars declared/fumished by him or anyone on his/her behalf or any of his/her agent are true and correct and NO PROHIBITED articles/contraband materials has been included with the goods entrusted to the Company/Carrier for the purpose of transportation and the Consignor/Consignee is fully aware of the terms and conditions of the Carrier/Company.
- The company also reserves the (A) The Company reserves the following rights- right to withhold delivery of the consignment to recover the freight, old dues and other charges. (B) The Company reserves the right to sell the goods after 30 days of arrival of at destination to realize its dues.
- The Company or Carrier shall have a lien and right to retain the goods for unpaid/outstanding dues being freight, octroi, warehouse handling/storage charges, demurrage, labour and or other charges etc. both Current, Previous, and or Arrears thereof in respect of any consignment of the party or its association subsidiary company, its agents/principals/representatives and or Consignment handle by hand or dealt with at the instruction shall also have a general lien of their previous unpaid/outstanding was (stated above) payable by the persons mentioned been above. No dues of the transport company shall be delayed/deducted or adjusted against any claim or counter claim.
- No Claim shall be entertained unless the dues as aforementioned are paid to the carrier/company by the party concerned. Interest at the rate of 24% per annum will be payable from the due date, till payment by the party to the carrier/company. Due date would be the date of submission of the bill by theCarrier/company to the Client.
- No Criminal Case is maintainable against the carrier/company in case of carrier/company exercising his lien on the goods for non-payment of any unpaid/outstanding dues (as described in clauses above).
- The Client may claim with the insurance company in case of loss or damage to its goods. The consignor/consignee hereby mutually agree that they shall not issue any kind of authority to Insurance Company to enable it to reclaim loss damages from the carrier and to initiate recovery proceedings and Consignor/Consignee not withstand contained anywhere or written in any of the clauses/act/rules/regulation or statute books.
- As per special contract unless otherwise consignment booked under company risk, the value of the goods will be @ Rs. 200/- per Package or Rs.2/- per kg whichever is lower.
- However invoice may show difference in values.
- If the Company has not received the Risk charges, the Demurrage Certificate will not be issued to the consignor/consignee.
- The Company/carrier does not take the responsibility of re-booking/re- routing/transshipment and the consignor/consignee is liable to pay any extra cost incurred out of such changes made to the original consignment booked.
- All clauses arising out of this shall be within the Jurisdiction of Court in Thane only.
- Interest will be charged @ 24% per annum if the payment is not made within 7 working days. All disputes are subjected to Thane jurisdiction only.
FOR CAR & BIKE
- As for claims of car/bike or any other items, only exterior damages will be considered and no claim can be made for internal or mechanical fault.
- Moving car as a part of relocation service is carried out under the owner's risk. Consignor should directly take proper Insurance cover for all types of transit risks and the carrier is not liable for any damage.
- The consignor shall proceed his case directly with the insurance company for any claim in case of any unforeseen incident, damages of his/her car or bike.
- If new parts need to be replaced in the repairing process then depreciation amount shall be considered by the carrier.
ELECTRONIC & FURNITURE ITEMS
- Note that AC / fridge gas leakage/refilling shall not be considered by the carrier.
- Note that any damage to the furniture item would be repaired by the carpenter of the company in case it is repairable. However, no claim for the replacement of the damaged furniture will be considered.
- Claims made on minor scratches in the furniture items shall not be considered.
- In case of minor and repairable damages, the client needs to initially give a claim letter and quotes for repair estimates from an authorized vendor to process the risk coverage claim.
- Amount based on the extent of damages shall be considered in case of the estimate from consignee is not received. All repair estimates shall be received within 5 - 7 working days.
- Depreciation amount of 10% per year shall be considered for furniture and electronic items on declared value.
- If the carrier considers 100% declared value against claim then damaged item shall be picked up by carrier as salvage.